Our Indietracks Special 2011 Fanzine is now available. In this edition we catch up with headliners Herman Dune who tell us about their new LP Strange Moosic.
We also talk to Suburban Kids With Biblical Names about new material and Crystal Stilts tell us what attracted them to play the festival.
Math and Physics Club give us the lowdown on the Seattle indiepop scene and Milky Wimpshake reflect on their many years in the business.
Our Spring 2011 Fanzine is now available. The lead interview is with Sweden’s Acid House Kings who talk about their new album Music Sounds Better With You.
Butcher Boy tell us about their forthcoming third LP and Help Stamp Out Loneliness give us a track-by-track guide to their debut album. Plus interviews with The Felt Tips and Horowitz.
Inside you’ll find a write up on Read and Shout by organiser Matthew Stead, Edinburgh’s best indiepop club night Unpop and as well as Librarians Wanted and Stolen Wine Social Club. If that wasn’t enough you’ll get all the latest release news from Pebble Records and KinGem and an epitaph of The Go-Betweens.
The fanzine comes with a compilation from Fortuna POP! called Weekend Dreams –
1. Comet Gain – The Weekend Dreams
2. The Grave Architects – Love TBC
3. Herman Dune – Tell Me Something I Don’t Know
4. The Loves – O! My Gawd
5. Bearsuit – Cut Loose
6. Evans the Death – I’m So Unclean
7. The Primitives – Need All the Help I Can Get
8. The Mountain Movers – Bombshelter
9. The Pipettes – Captain Rhythm
10. Tender Trap – 2 to the N
11. Crystal Stilts – Silver Sun
12. The Lucksmiths – Good Light
13. Ladybug Transistor – Breaking Up On the Beat
14. Darren Hayman & the Secondary Modern – The Green and the Grey
15. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart – The One
16. The Chemistry Experiment – Leo the Magician
17. Club 8 – Football Kids
18. The Aislers Set- Summer’s Reprise
19. Milky Wimpshake – Eyeball to Eyeball
20. Airport Girl – Clock Tower Lights
21. Allo Darlin’ – Dreaming (DJ Downfall Redub)
22. micktravis – Up From the Minors
23. Would-Be-Goods – The Morning After
24. Jeff Greene and the High Barnets – Dreams of Me and You
Our Winter 2010/11 Fanzine is now out. In our exclusive lead interview with The Vaselines we talk to them about Sex with an X, Kurt Cobain and their third album.
We chat to the legendary Edwyn Collins who tells us about the recent Orange Juice re-issues and his influence on other musicians. Plus interviews with Ballboy, Northern Portrait, MJ Hibbett & the Validators and Onward Chariots.
Brilldream reviews the Big Pink Cake Weekender and we catch up with How Does It Feel To Be Loved?, WeePOP! and dirtyconverse DISCO.
The fanzine comes with Christmastime, Approximately from Where It’s At Is Where You Are –
1. The Social Interaction Foundation (AKA Help Stamp Out Loneliness) – Just Like Xmas (In Cottonopolis)
2. The Werewandas – I’ve Got a Great Big Christmas Tree
3. Betty and the Werewolves – Jon’s Christmas Makeup
4. Eux Autres – Teenage Christmas
5. Jeff Mellin – Every Year
6. The Understudies – Midnight Mass
7. Gregory Webster – Winter
8. Howard Hughes & David Tattersall – There in Bristol After Christmas
9. World of Fox – Christmas Isthmus
10. The Hillfields – Spirit of the Season
11. Sool – Sool Yule Medley
12. The Birthday Girl vs Alexander’s Festival Hall – Hey Santa
13. The Ei8ht – Stay Another Day
14. Action Biker – Vinden Susar i Advent
15. Hillary and the Democrats – I Want an Alien For Christmas
16. Weisstronauts – Jingle Bells
17. DJ Downfall – 2000 Miles (Meek Mix)
18. Hexicon – See That Day
19. The Vatican Cellars – Christmas Island
20. Hong Kong In The 60s – Walking in the Air
Our Autumn 2010 Fanzine is now available. We lead with an interview with Finland’s Cats on Fire.
Plus interviews with The Specific Heats, Tender Trap give us a track-by-track guide to Dansette Dansette, Shrag, Pocketbooks, The Blanche Hudson Weekend and Moustache of Insanity.
We talk to Fortuna POP!, Big Pink Cake, Colour Me Pop, Brilldream and Dandelion Radio.
The fanzine comes with an exclusive 5-track EP from Odd Box Records called Bless Me Iggy For I Have Sinned –
1. The Humms – Are You Dead?
2. The Blanche Hudson Weekend – Fever Van
3. Sarandon – Expecting Joe
4. Boundary JIM – House of the Seven Gables
5. The Medusa Snare – Tripping
Our Summer 2010 Fanzine is now out. Our lead interview is with The Pains of Being Pure at Heart who tell us all about their upcoming album.
Plus interviews with year’s big breakthrough Allo Darlin’, Standard Fare, Betty and the Werewolves and an Indietracks preview.
We talk to Darren Hayman about his new album Essex Arms and there’s live reviews from Drowned in Sound on Slow Club plus Sleigh Bells, Teenagersintokyo and Speakowire.
Blogger Brilldream previews some of the best new DIY bands. Profile pages from My Secret World – The Story of Sarah Records, Odd Box Records, Twee Grrrls Club, Hissing at Swans and Colour Me Pop plus a tribute to Julian Barnes.
The fanzine comes with an exclusive EP from The Understudies entitled Press Play For Songs By The Understudies –
1. A Girl I Used to Knock About With
2. Flicknives (Acoustic)
3. Wanting vs Getting (Acoustic)
4. If I Come To You